Saturday, November 10, 2007

CFL Grey Cup Playoffs

The playoffs start today and I thought I would throw my picks for the day out there. First I have to put up an ad from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers site:


The Canadians lover their football.
The first game up is Calgary Stampeders at the Saskatchewan Roughriders. This is a tough pick, my heart says go with the Stampeders. The Roughriders had a better record, but this is also their first home playoff game in 20 years, and the fans are going to be rocking the stadium. Including preseason the Roughriders are 3-1 against Calgary this year. They have a poll on their web site asking the fans what they thought of their record this year and here are the results:
What are your thoughts on the Riders finishing the regular season with a 12-6 record?
It surpassed my expectations
64.92% (1723)
It's what I expected
20.91% (555)
It's disappointing
5.54% (147)
I didn't know what to expect
8.63% (229)
Total Votes: 2654

65% said it surpassed their expectations!! Doesn't inspire much confidence to pick them.
The last game of the season Toronto came in and beat them, badly 41-13. That is not how you want to go into the playoffs. While Calgary played a tough last game of the season against BC, the Stampeders missed a last second field goal. The Outriders make it hard to go against the Stampeders, so I'll go with the girls on this one, GO STAMPEDERS!!!


Ceilynn of the Outriders, a full time student who lists her hobbies as, Reading, Dancing, Hiking, Traveling- I like anything outdoors- laying on a beach, skiing, surfing, kayaking- you name it I will probably like it and says that Television Rots your Soul and Eats Your Mind.

Here is one from the Rider Cheerleading Team Janessa:

Unfortunately the Riders don't put much in the bios. I do have to ask, "Were they looking for the ugliest outfit ever to take their cheerleading pictures in?" The only thing I can figure is it was something the guys on the team could also wear. Yes, the Riders have a group of guys on the team.

What were they thinking with this one? Fire the outfit designer, NOW!!